MOT Tests in Chelmsford, Essex
Safe and legal to drive
Complete Service and MOT
All vehicles over 3 years old must undertake an annual MOT test and have an MOT pass certificate to ensure and prove they are fully safe and legal to be driven on the road. If the MOT test should flag up any issues with your vehicle, we will carry out necessary repairs so your vehicle passes. We will contact you prior to making these repairs. If you have any questions about the test, please contact Waltham MOT & Service Centre Ltd today.
What do we check?
The full DVSA check
• Lamps, reflectors and electrical equipment
• Suspension and steering
• Tyres and road wheels
• Seat belts
• Body and structure
• Registration plates
• Exhaust, emissions and fuel
• View of the road from driver's perspective including windscreen, windscreen wipers and mirrors
How can I prepare?
There are check you can do at home before your test, including:
• Check your lights (all around the car) and replacing where necessary
• Check your horn can be heard
• Check your battery connectors are in good condition
• Monitor your steering and make a mental note should your vehicle pull to one side when applying your brakes
• Check the tread depth of your tyres
• Ensure seat belts work correctly by giving them a sharp tug and that they lock in correctly
• Check your registration plate is clean and readable
Top up engine oil, windscreen wash fluid and fuel
• Check for any cracks in windows and mirrors
You can either wait at our garage whilst we carry out your MOT, or you are welcome to drop your car off and pick it up at the end of the day. Contact us for more information.
Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sat: 8:30am - 2pm